During weekdays, 58.3% of commentary and research sent via email is opened in the first hour that it is received. The markets move fast and your clients are consuming your emailed research and commentary quickly while seeking alpha.
Interested in reading the article but short on time? Enter your email and we will send you the research.
Commentary Consumption Hour by Hour
Street Contxt analyzed millions of client interactions on weekdays with broker’s desk commentary, research reports and news updates delivered on our platform to 140,000 + clients at 16,000 + firms to find out when recipients consume the content they receive the most.
- 6-7 am has the most engagement within the first hour with an 18.45 % open rate of notes sent.
- A pick-up in consumption happens to emails sent out in the afternoon between 1-2 pm with 15.7%. Followed by a 10% between 5-7 pm and 8-9 pm.
- The highest click rates of those that opened the commentary and clicked on a link are between the hours of 5-6 am (13.65%) and 8-9 pm (11.72%).
During the day, your clients watch the markets and open your commentary to discover market-moving trends at peak hours. Early in the morning or later in the evening they have more time to digest your notes, indicating an opportunity to send a package featuring more in-depth research.
Street Contxt helps brokers understand how clients consume their research distributions, so you can deliver the right information at the right time. See how your clients consume the content that you send.
TAKE A QUICK TOUR >> or Learn More
3 Street Tips to Improve Client Engagement with Your Commentary
- Create an engaging subject line and keep it short (50 characters or less) due to the way it appears in the inbox. With an influx of content, you want to capture your client’s interest when competing for their attention during peak times.
- Know the time zones that you send to. If your commentary is intended for a different time zone and is being received during down time, your likelihood of readership and thus providing valuable research to your clients decreases.
- Send at the right time for your clients. Find what time your customers are the most engaged to make the most of the time that you spend producing research.
The way your clients read your commentary impacts how they consume, whether or not they’ll click links, or if they will open attachments. Knowing when and how your clients read your commentary helps you tailor the message to ensure that no market-moving information is missed. MORE »
Brokerages are consistently left in the dark when it comes to insights being generated by the content going out the door to clients. Few firms understand how to monetize engagement with commentary and turn those interactions into insights that help grow the business. MORE »
A Greenwich Associates Report forecasts $100 million in commission payments available to brokers that can outcompete their peers. Capital markets technology is helping pave the way for client specific insights to understand what your clients are consuming and hold them accountable. MORE »